Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Under certain circumstances a Chapter 13 bankruptcy has more beneficial effects for individuals than a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Contact our office to discuss the benefits of filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
I have a good job but too much debt. Will a Chapter 13 bankruptcy help?
- Yes. Although you will still pay at least of portion of your debt, you will likely pay only a small portion of the amount you owe over an extended period of time.
How long will a Chapter 13 bankruptcy take?
- A normal case takes between 36 and 60 months to complete.
Will I lose all of my property?
- You have choices to make when you file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy regarding what property you want to keep. You will likely be able to keep your property through a Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceeding.
I will probably have to spend hours in court for my case right?
- Actually, when you hire an attorney to handle your case you will spend very little time in official court proceedings. And with our firm we will attend the hearings for you, minimizing the effect on your everyday life.
Will I pay all of my money to creditors in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy?
- No, you will only pay what is determined to be “disposable income”. Once the firm is working on your case, we will compute an estimate payment to guide you through the Chapter 13 bankruptcy process.